[Sticky] Forum Rules
The Golden Rules
Most of these Guidelines are geared towards just improving the state of the website through smart tips. Some of these Guidelines are more prohibitive, however, and they function as rules. The rules come in two-forms: the cardinal, and the compulsory.
- No trolling. Don't make posts that are inflammatory just to get people riled up. Substance is the key to not being labeled a troll.
- No Flaming. Topic criticisms, debates, and disagreements are allowed as it is done respectfully. Attack the message, not the messenger. Constructive criticism of ideas is allowed, criticizing members personally is not permitted. Flaming will not be tolerated.
- No attacks. member is allowed to engage in public personal attacks on any other member. -Personal attacks are defined as Personal, Racial, Ethnic, and/or Gender based insults, slurs, or derisive comments.
- Complaints. All complaints need to be communicated privately using either PM, "Report this Post" feature and/or EMail.
- Reporting Posts. In the event of this, the offending post will be edited or removed, and the offending party shall receive no more than two (2) private warnings via PM and/or EMail, and one final Administration warning.
- Banning. If the behavior continues, the member will be banned for a week, and upon a repeat incident, banned permanently.
- Kindness first All we want is a little community kindness and no attacks. Let's all work together to accomplish this, eh?
- Prohibited content - No pornographic, sexually offensive, sexually explicit, or objectifying material. _Simple rule. Administrator's judgment applies here. Sexually suggestive images will be heavily scrutinized. We'd like for our readers to be able to visit the site at work and share with friends without fear of retribution.
- Wares and copyrighted content. -Do not post links or requests for warez
- Post in the right forum. If it's a question for the studio, post it in the “Ask the Studio” forum. Even if it's only humor, an observation, or angst, if it's about something that we have a forum for, post it there. Resist the temptation to post something off-topic because you think you'll get "better responses" in a particular forum.
- No Doxxing -Respect the privacy of others. Do not post other's phone numbers, addresses, pictures, etc., without their permission.
- One account per member. -Each member may have only one account.
- Proper language. Please keep language SFW. Do not place foul language in thread subjects .
- Advertising in forum. Blatant advertising without admin approval is prohibited.
- Spamming. NO SPAMMING. No commercial-oriented posts, and no flooding with useless content.
Subject lines. Use descriptive subject lines and research your post. This reduces the chances of double-posting, and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Also, scan the subjects of the last several days' posts to make sure you aren't duplicating posts. Also, consider what forum your topic should be posted in.
Stay SFW (safe for work). Restrict the use of excessive foul language. Swearing will not be tolerated on this board at all. Because of the fact that it is a family-oriented site, we need to keep it clean. We aren’t saying you can't express your opinion, but there are ways to do so without swearing.
Not a Dating Forum -No "Am I Hot or Not", "show me your girlfriend." etc. threads. There are several places for that already. The occasional picture thread is OK (if we're talking about pictures of members), but this is not a dating forum.
Bottom line: we always give warnings (with the exception of unacceptable posts-sometimes we need to work fast), but we don't necessarily give them more than twice to the same person. If you are disrupting the community, we will take action.
You have the power in you to reach, achieve, succeed, and grow in your dreams, goals, and ambitions!